There are many types of egress windows and window wells to choose from, but selecting one that combines the right balance of durability, safety and cost is crucial.
Our egress window and window well system will not only ensure that your basement is well-ventilated and code-compliant, it will also help keep you and your loved ones safe in the event of an emergency. The CARE Egress Window Well System uses a one-piece rigid design, built to function and look great for decades without rust, rot or the need for paint.
Advantages of our egress window and window well system:
• One-piece, durable construction
• Attractive stone-like design
• Durable built-in steps allow for safe, easy exit
• Durable clear cover keeps out water, debris and wind
• UV-stable and resistant to rot, rust and extreme temperatures
• Rigid, one-piece design won’t warp, corrode or leak over time
• 10-year product warranty and 5-year workmanship guarantee for added peace of mind
Installing an egress window is more complicated than an average window installation because it involves excavation and cutting into your home’s foundation. Because we have specialized crews that perform every aspect of the work, there is no down time. In fact, we can install most egress window and window wells in just one day. Here’s what you can expect from our egress window installation crews:
• Before we arrive on the job site, our logistics team pulls permits and has utility lines marked.
• On the day of your egress window installation, we’ll begin with digging. We lay plywood to prevent track marks in your yard from our excavator, hand-dig when there’s not enough room for an excavator, and haul away the extra dirt when we’re done.
• We cut into your foundation using specialized saws that cut all the way through in one pass for a seamless cut that doesn’t compromise the integrity of your foundation.
• During the framing process, we use sealant to create a finished look and help prevent water issues. After the window is placed, we use a silicone-based caulk to seal the seams, again preventing water issues and creating a clean, finished look.
• With every install, we include a sump basket inside the window well. If water issues occur down the line, this makes it easier to control and redirect to an interior drainage system and sump pump.
• When we’re done, we tamp down the surrounding dirt and do our best to leave a small footprint and make the area look as close to the way it looked when we arrived as possible.